Registration and application instructions
To apply, you first have to register and create an account. This will allow you to save a submission in progress and come back to work on it until you’re happy with it. You will be asked basic contact information about you and your organization.
Once you have registered, you will be asked to answer some questions, upload photos, and if you want, also submit a short video.
Here are the questions we will be asking:
- What’s your need/idea? Tell us about your need or idea. What are you looking to do and who is your target community?
- How many children will benefit? To the best of your ability, tell us approximately how many children and/or youth will benefit from this idea. Feel free to provide contextual information, if desired.
- What’s your impact? What impact will your idea have on individuals and the broader community?
- How will you implement the funds? What are the necessary steps, resources, timelines? Can it be used in the next 6 months?
- How much funding are you requesting? Let us know how much funding you are requesting and outline (at a high level) how the requested funding will be used. You can apply for up to $5,000.
Full List of eligibility criteria
Want to make sure your application checks all the boxes?
Qualifying applications must meet the following criteria:
- Focus on learning opportunities, programs or activities for children and/or youth K-12
- Funds should be used within 6 months of receipt
- Must be submitted by a not-for-profit, non-profit, charity, school organization or on behalf of one (registered charitable status is not required)
- Funding must be used in Canada
- Submitted in one of Canada’s two official languages (English or French)
- Cannot contain any trademarks or other material owned by a third party without the express written permission of that third party
- Cannot contain any offensive, obscene, or sexually suggestive material, propaganda, potentially misleading information, or defamatory or disparaging material about other people or companies, or endorse any form of hate or hate group or terrorist activity
- Cannot support a for-profit business
- Cannot support any political party or affiliated group
- Cannot infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party, living or deceased without permission
Individual applicants must:
- Reside in Canada
- Not be a sales representative, employee or a family member of an employee of either the Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation, C.S.T. Consultants Inc. or CST Spark or any of its affiliates.
- Only submit one application