The Learning Project funds community-based learning activities for children and youth in grades K-12 across Canada. Our goal is to promote access to post-secondary education for lower income families. We do this through the Learning Project by providing micro grants to community organizations who provide programs that enhance academic skills and engagement for K-12 students from lower income families. Through our grants, we hope to support community-based organizations in offering new or existing programs to prepare and equip students with the skills required to pursue post-secondary education.
In 2021, $160,000 in total funding is available to grant through the Learning Project.
We know that some learning activities will require more funding than others. Organizations can apply for up to $5,000 in their application.
Applications accepted: May 4, 2021 to June 11, 2021
Our application portal will be open from May 4, 2021 to June 11, 2021. During this time, those who want to apply for funding can register on the CST Inspired Minds Learning Project website and work on their application. All applications must be submitted on or before 11:59 pm EST on Friday, June 11, 2021.
Applications evaluated: June and July 2021
Applications will be evaluated in June and July by the CST Foundation team.
Results communicated: by July 31, 2021
All applicants will be notified of the results by July 31, 2021.
- be a not-for-profit organization based in Canada (charitable status not required)
- intend to use the funding for an eligible program
- use the funds within six months of receipt
The program must:
- be an academic upskilling or engagement program;
- for children and/or youth in grades K-12
- from lower-income families; and
- take place in Canada.
How to apply
Registration and application instructions
To apply, you must first register and create an account on our application portal. This will allow you to save an application in progress and come back to work on it until you’re happy with it. You will be asked to provide basic contact information about yourself and your organization. Once you have registered, you will be asked to answer some questions, upload photos, and if you want, also submit a short video.
Here are the questions we will be asking:
- What is your program/ activity and what are your implementation plans?
- Who is your target community?
- What is your intended impact (referencing the need in your community and how your program/ activity helps K-12 children and youth obtain the necessary grades, skills, and self-confidence to succeed in school)?
- How many children will benefit?